Michael Miner has recently given me the story of the Miner family on Combe Down. You can see it here.
The Miner family are a long established Combe Down family and have lived at many addresses, including:
- 1 Green Cottages, Combe Down
- 1 Miner’s Cottages, Monkton Combe
- 2 Quarry Rise, Combe Down
- 2 Upper House, Combe Down
- 3 and 4 North Cottages, Combe Down
- 3 Park Avenue, Monkton Combe
- 4 Isabella Place, Combe Down
- 5 Tyning Place, Monkton Combe
- 8 DeMontalt Place, Combe Down
- Brunswick Place, Combe Down
- Byfields Place, Combe Down.
- Edward Cottage, 5 Tyning, Combe Down
- Edward Cottage, Belle Vue, Monkton Combe
- Farrs Lane, Combe Down
- Pearl Cottage, Monkton Combe
- Tinsmith Shed, Avenue Road, Monkton Combe
- Upper House, Laura Place, North Road, Combe Down
- West Upper House, Monkton Combe
Michael’s research includes information about those members of the family that went to Australia and Canada as well as those that stayed on Combe Down.
He has also included a number of interesting photos.
It’s a good read and I thank Michael for contributing the article.